CDSB uses Collaborase, an online collaboration platform for more efficient and transparent standards-making.
What is Collaborase?
Collaborase is an online platform designed to aid the development of documents by large stakeholder groups. CDSB is using Collaborase to facilitate, develop, engage others and continually improve it’s work.
Development and management of CDSB’s work through Collaborase means CDSB has a centralized and accessible, transparent, fully auditable and interactive process for developing and managing its work and reduces the need for extensive email and word document exchanges on drafting and work management. In addition, as a dynamic online platform, the work becomes ‘living documents’ enabling continuous development and sharing of content, and thereby building a valuable network.
How is CDSB using Collaborase?
CDSB has its own workspace on Collaborase kindly supported by Deloitte, Ernst & Young, Grant Thornton, KPMG and PwC. CDSB is using Collaborase to:
- develop the CDSB Reporting Framework – the full Framework is online, including section by section requirements, guidance, references and supporting rationale for technical and process-related issues so that users better understand the why and how it has developed;
- lead a public consultation on the expansion of the Reporting Framework to include water and forest/commodities elements;
- develop the Climate Change Reporting Taxonomy – an online workspace for the global development of eXtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) climate change taxonomy;
- provide resources to help CDSB members, partners and regulators; and
- provide an efficient and accountable approach to managing CDSB’s work and development plans.
The Collaborase platform was equally funded by the individual accounting firms on CDSB’s technical working group with significant in kind support from CDSB Technical Working Group member and developer of Collaborase, Tom Baumann.