CDSB is seeking an enthusiastic intern to support the communications work during this exciting time.
The Climate Disclosure Standards Board (CDSB) is an international consortium of business and environmental NGOs. We are committed to advancing and aligning the global mainstream corporate reporting model to equate natural capital with financial capital.
CDP provides the secretariat to the Climate Disclosure Standards Board and we share offices. You will have an opportunity to learn about CDP and gain experience in its various activities, in addition to your primary role with CDSB.
We are seeking an enthusiastic intern to work in our global secretariat to support the team to foster resilient capital markets. The internship will be at our London office and this post will provide valuable experience for anyone seeking a career in the areas of communications, campaigning, climate change, environment and sustainable business. Enthusiasm, self-motivation and the ability to hit the ground running will be key to your success.
You will play an important support role in CDSB’s communications work, through a wide range of approaches, including online and offline media. You will also have various opportunities to get involved in other activities such as policy engagement, evidence gathering for our campaigns and technical research.
You will have regular learning and development opportunities and be given full support in developing the skills needed to thrive in a professional environment. You will have the opportunity to hone your skills in a number of key areas and receive constructive feedback on your work from experienced professionals.
CDSB is looking to recruit an intern to assist across the range of their communications activities for the duration of 3-6 months.
Key requirements and skills
- Ideal candidates will be educated to graduate level in journalism, communications, PR or environmental degrees, or have a minimum of 3 years relevant experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- First-hand experience of using different social media and digital platforms, such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and blogs;
- Experience in developing social media content and/or media material (press releases, media reports) to engage different audiences and create conversations;
- Experience in writing creative, clear and factually accurate material
- Confident formulating and implementing content strategies with minimal supervision
- Ability to create both fun and serious content
- Have a real can-do attitude and be a self-starter
- Willingness to learn and the ability to pick up new skills quickly
- Able to act on initiative
- Friendly and personable individual
Desirable but not essential
- An interest in and knowledge of climate change, sustainable development and economics/finance
- Interest in graphic design
- Previous administration experience
- Working knowledge of other languages is a bonus
CDSB is looking to recruit an intern for a minimum of 3 days per week for 3-6 months. In instances where interns are not working full time, they should ideally commit to set days each week.
Please note: this role is an unpaid internship. Lunch and travel expenses within London (zones 1-6) will be reimbursed.
CDP London office, 71 Queen Victoria Street, EC4V 4AY
To apply for this position or if you have any questions on this role please email
Please send us your CV and a short covering letter stating your suitability for the position by 6pm, Friday 20th January 2016.
Please include “CDSB Internship” in the email subject line, and identify the documents you are sending by including “[your name] cover letter” and “[your name] CV” in the file name.
Interviews will take place on the week beginning 23rd January 2016. Start date is as soon as possible.
Image Source: Moyan Brenn/Flickr