Technical Manager/s, Climate Disclosure Standards Board (CDSB)
Who we are and what we do
The Climate Disclosure Standards Board (CDSB) is an international organization committed to the integration of climate change-related information into mainstream corporate reporting. CDSB advances its mission by acting as a forum for collaboration on how existing standards and practices can be supported and enhanced so as to link financial and climate change-related reporting and respond to regulatory developments.
CDSB is offering technical secondment opportunities with its Secretariat. The positions are designed to lead the advancement of CDSB’s Climate Change Reporting Framework and related technical work whilst providing participants with valuable experience, leadership skills and being at the forefront of mainstreaming non-financial information.
The CDSB Secretariat is seeking 2-3 Technical Managers who will fill a 1 year term, with eligibility for renewal for a further year. It is envisaged in the future that the post/s will be filled continuously by seconded staff. The Technical Manager/s will play a key role driving the evolution of CDSB’s Climate Change Reporting Framework and related technical guidance and projects.
CDSB operates as a special initiative of the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) and is based in their offices in central London. Successful individuals are not required to be UK based.
CDSB is a not for profit mission driven charity and is unable to provide salary or expense. These appointments present unique development opportunities for individuals to get involved in a broad range of international initiatives and evidence significant leadership by partnering organisations.
- Coordinate technical updates of CDSB’s Climate Change Reporting Framework, including public consultation and international working groups
- Initiate, develop and maintain a guidance document and relevant training materials for users of CDSB’s Climate Change Reporting Framework
- Provide input into CDSB’s corporate, investor and regulator engagement programs
- Progress sector specific guidance for 4 sectors with the assistance of industry specific working groups.
- Provide input into discussions about how the Climate Change Reporting Framework contributes to integrated reporting.
- Participate in presentations for CDSB’s key audiences around the world
- Contribute input on the development of CDSB technical and specialist working groups as required.
- International travel as required.
You will need
- A professional accounting qualification or similar and at least one, preferably 2-3 years post qualification experience
- Strong English language oral and written communication skills
- To be a self-starter with the ability to work within ambiguity and able to execute according to project plans with a high level of attention to detail
- Good understanding of how policy and legislation is developed
- Proven analytical skills
- The ability to liaise with a wide range of audiences
- Energy, enthusiasm and common sense
- Understanding and commitment to the mission of CDSB
- Experience of working with large multi-nationals or complex organisations
- Knowledge of current carbon reporting and accounting
- Understanding of climate change and its environment as well as societal impacts
If you are interested in this opportunity please contact Mardi McBrien firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 792 046 3046 no later than the 31st August 2012.
Please note: Positions will be filled on a first come first served basis providing core skills and requirements are met. The recruitment period will close as soon as the available positions are successfully filled; this may be before the closing date.
Start date is negotiable.