A one day conference examining how businesses can improve the quality of their sustainability reports will take place in London on 25 February 2014.
Sustainability reporting is becoming increasingly more complex. In addition, stakeholder expectations are rising as investors, analysts and NGOs want high quality information on how organizations are managing their response to climate change and social pressures while mitigating the risks from natural resource constraints.
Changes to the Companies Act which came into force on October 1st will mean that UK quoted companies now have a legal requirement to integrate reporting of greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) with their financial reporting. The European Commission and various UK governmental departments are influencing organizations’ approach to sustainability reporting. And yet with so many frameworks and guidelines, many questions from companies trying to satisfy the needs of various stakeholders remain unanswered. When does it make sense to leave things out of a report? What is the objective of sustainability reports across industries?
Building on the success of the last two years, the 3rd annual Smarter Sustainability Reporting Conference will address the myriad frameworks and guidelines available, involve direct input from stakeholders, explore the thought processes behind global award-winning reports and help shape the future of sustainability reporting.
This conference is useful for those who want to:
- Get updates on UK and EU reporting regulations and different types of frameworks available
- Understand how to better manage and report carbon emissions
- Discover how to promote transparency though supply chain responsibility
- Learn how their peers are taking a multi-media approach to increasing environmental and social awareness amongst stakeholders
- Identify innovative ways to outline the progress of their responsible business activities
Mardi McBrien, Managing Director of CDSB, will talk about regulatory reporting challenges and opportunities in the UK and EU in session one.
Click here for more information and to register. Use promo code SPK20 for a 20% discount.