The CDSB Framework aligns as far as possible with features of the mainstream-reporting model.
The CDSB Framework is designed for the purpose of reporting climate change-related and environmental information in mainstream reports. The materiality position therefore adopted by CDSB aligns as far as possible with features of the mainstream-reporting model, so that climate-change related and environmental information may be prepared and presented in a structured way within the architecture of existing mainstream reports.
The following considerations have guided CDSB's thinking on relevance and materiality based on research and technical discussions:
- Consistency with materiality as applied in the mainstream-reporting model
- Materiality and proportionality
- Materiality determination process and outcome
- Clarification of scope, stakeholder group and time frames for materiality
- Materiality of climate change
- Trends in reporting
CDSB will continue to monitor the IASB's Disclosure Initiative "Principles of Disclosure" and Conceptual Framework projects and the work of SASB, IIRC and others, and recognises that new thinking on materiality is likely to emerge over time.
For more information see our position paper on relevance & materiality, organisational boundaries and assurance.